This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy here.


First Day of School! First Day of School!

This morning was crazy! All day today has been crazy! It is going to take me a while to get used to this new schedule.

With all the maddness I almost forgot to take pictures. And the pictures I did take, although cute because of the subjects, are not the greatest shots. They were taken one handed while holding Toots in the other. Photography and a heavy, squirmy baby do not mix.

The boy:

Wearing his Hulk shirt that for the life of me I couldn't find last night! Thank goodness it was finally found! Although the boy, sweet thing that he is, told me it was okay if I couldn't find it. He would just wear something else.

We loaded them all up this morning and picked up the other kids that are in our carpool. I dropped him off at school, made sure he remembered his class number, and off he went. It breaks my heart how big he is getting.

Lou La:

We spent the morning together and then it was finally time to get her ready for school. She has been asking me all morning when she could get ready.
We drove to school today. If you know where my house is in comparison to the school you know that is pretty ridiculous (it is right across the street) but with the heat, the baby, my camera, and the snack supplies we were bringing walking wasn't going to cut it.
As we pulled up to the school Lou La started to cry. You never know how it is going to go with her. She is pretty outgoing, but she has a really sad side to her. She told me that she was scared to be all alone. We talked about P school last year and how I wasn't there but she wasn't alone. After a few minutes of being reassured she stopped crying and we held hands as we walked to her classroom. It took about 3.5 seconds to cheer up once she saw all the kids. She said hello to her teacher and got to be the line leader. I asked her if she wanted me to stay until she went into class and she replied, "No, you can go now."
I am really excited to pick her up and have her tell me how her day went! She tells the best stories!

And then there is this one:
The only one left at home with me. I shot this picture after dropping my camera on the ground! Oops! Luckily it only fell out of my bag and I stopped it with my foot. But that isn't really the way you should treat a camera! I took this picture to make sure it still worked! Love that face! It is her new smile.
We had a pretty busy day. It doesn't seem like we got much done, but everyone got where they were supposed to be. I made it to the gym. Toots took two decent naps. And It is time to go get Lou La from school and get home before the carpool drops off the boy.

1 comment:

Amie said...

cuuute pictures!